Franchises that offer a discount to California Veterans
If you are a Veteran, living in California and looking to own your own business you have the same options available to all of us. Those choices are to start a business from scratch, buy an existing business or buy a franchise.
There is no right or wrong way to go. At the end of the day, if owning your own business is important to you, you have to choose the option that makes the most amount of sense. It’s that simple. If you’d like to know some of the main criteria to help you make that decision, click on this link – Business ownership – what are my options.
What if you need finance?
If you need finance to help live your dream to own and operate your own business and you are a Veteran, or the spouse of a Veteran and living in California, there is a program available from Main Street Launch to help you. Main Street Launch (formerly Veteran Launch) is a program sponsored by the SBA or Small Business Administration and they offer loans from $25,000 up to $250,000.
To qualify for a loan, not only will you need to be a Veteran and living in California, you will need a downpayment of 20% of the purchase price. The good news is that there is a low application fee (currently 2%) and you can use the loan for different options including buying a franchise. There are other qualifying criteria such as not having a bankruptcy in the last three years. The best news of all is that the loan doesn’t require any collateral.
Benefits of buying a franchise
If buying a franchise is one of the options you are considering, here are some of the benefits.
- A wide variety of franchise concepts to choose from in a wide variety of industries. That is, there is something right for you.
- A proven concept working in the market so it increases your chances of success.
- Initial and ongoing training from the franchisor.
- Once you learn the system; follow it and build your success.
- An established brand and reputation.
- A clear understanding of how much you need to invest.
- Quicker starting time so your business becomes profitable sooner than starting your own.
Franchises with Discounts for Veterans
To recognize the sacrifices made by Veterans, some franchisors offer a discount to a Veteran that buys their franchise. Here’s a brief summary of some of the franchisors. Notice the huge variety of industries the different franchises are in.
- Above Grade Level In-home Tutoring – In-home tutoring for children.
- Advanta Clean – providing indoor air quality.
- All about people – a professional staffing franchise.
- All American Ice-cream and frozen yogurt – its name says it all.
- Allegra – a commercial printing franchise.
- Alta Mere – provides the best products and services in the aftermarket auto industry.
- American Prosperity Group – advising retirees how to invest their wealth for the future.
- Archadeck – providing outdoor solutions for backyards.
- Bio-one – providing crime and trauma scene clean-up.
- Blue-frog Plumbing and Drain – provides business systems to the plumbing industry.
- The Brothers that just do Gutters – as you’d guess, specialize in gutters.
- Budget Blinds – a home-based business that helps homeowners with their window blinds and covers.
- CertaPro Painters – provides residential and commercial painting internal and external painting solutions.
- Closets by Design – provides storage closets for the home and garage.
- CMIT Solutions – provides mission critical computer technology solutions.
- Comforcare Homecare – provides home care services for people of all ages.
- Complete Nutrition – provides nutritional supplements from a retail store location.
- Concrete Craft – is a home based franchise that focuses on all things concrete.
- Cruise One – provides dream vacations for those that love to cruise.
- Elements Massage – provides therapeutic massages.
- EmbroidMe – provides marketing solutions with the making of embroidery products.
- EnviroClean Drycleaners – provides dry cleaning solutions that are sensitive to the environment.
- Executive Care – provides in home care to seniors.
- Farr’s Fresh – provides ice-cream and yogurt desserts for all ages.
There are many other franchises available to you. If this is a franchise concept that’s appealing to you, don’t be afraid to ask if a franchise discount is available to you.
What other franchise concepts are available
As a member of the IFPG I have access to over 360 different franchise concepts for you to choose from in 39 different industries.
If you would like to see the range of franchises available to you to choose from, click the following link and it will take you my website where you can conduct your own search and see the different franchise choices available to you.
If you find a franchise choice that is of interest to you, give me a call so I can find out from the franchisor if there is a territory available where you live or want to own and operate your franchise.
Next steps to buy a franchise
If finance is holding you back from buying your franchise and you are a Veteran living in California, here is someone to help you.
Mike McGrane is a loan officer at Main Street Launch and is a retired Veteran. In fact, all of his team are Veterans. He will answer your questions and help get your financing approved so you can get into business.
Main Street Launch is an initiative of the ODBC Small Business Finance which is a 37-year-old Community Development Financial Institution based in Oakland, CA.
The mission of Main Street Launch is to help Veterans who live in California with attractive business loans with low fees and competitive interest rates to start or grow their business.
If you are a veteran and would like more information about borrowing $25,000 up to $250,000 to start your own franchise or business, please click this link to visit Main Street Launch
If you would like more information about buying a franchise, please visit my webpage Services and choose from the drop down menu the information you would like.
For more immediate help, you are welcome to send an email to Andrew Rogerson or give me a call on 916 570-2674.