Health Insurance Changes For Business Owners
Health insurance changes for business owners with Kevin Knauss is a conversation about changes to health insurance as part of the Affordable Healthcare Act.
Health insurance is in turmoil with the rolling out of the Affordable Healthcare Act or often referred to as Obamacare. Kevin Knauss is a Health Insurance Agent and obviously specializes in the health insurance market, what’s happening to insurance rates and policies and how this will affect families and small businesses.
As a guest on my radio show on 105.5FM and Money 2.0, Kevin and I spoke for the full show on what’s happening to health insurance at a national, state and local level. In addition, Kevin and I covered a number of topics. These topics include the following:
- Will the changes mainly affect individuals & families or businesses or both?
- California is one of the States leading a lot of change and they are implementing a way for people to get health insurance quotes. What are some of the changes you see flowing from this?
- What is the role of the new exchange and how will it operate in California?
- Will the changes affect the Sacramento health insurance market?
- What types of cover will it offer? Medical and Hospital only or other products?
- When will the exchange be in operation?
- How will the exchange work?
- Does the exchange eliminate the need for health insurance agents?
- Health insurance seems complicated. Can you explain what copays, contributions and deductibles mean?
During my conversation with Kevin I also asked him to focus on how these changes will affect small businesses. Topics that were part of our conversation were:
- If I own a sell your business, will it be mandatory to offer health insurance to my employees?
- Are there penalties if I don’t offer health insurance and I own a business?
- Does it matter the size of my business or company?
- What is a small Group Health Insurance Plan?
- What health insurance packages should I offer my employees?
- Does the Federal or State government offer any incentive to offer health insurance to their employees?
If you would like to hear my conversation with Kevin, you are welcome to listen by clicking on the following link Kevin Knauss.