Rex Berry and employment law in Sacramento
Rex Berry is my guest on 105.5FM and Money 2.0 and our topic covers employment law and how an employer in the Sacramento area can take steps to reduce unwelcome lawsuits and employee claims; which drain the owner by wasting time and energy on a unproductive problem.
Rex is an attorney and therefore a member of The State Bar of California. Not only that, he knows what he’s talking about. Here’s some of the reasons why.
Rex has appeared before the Washington and California Supreme Courts and United States Supreme Court. In 2013, Rex was named to the American Lawyer/Corporate Counsel Top Rated Lawyers Guide to Labor and Employment Law, and was selected for inclusion in the list of 2013 Northern California Super Lawyers.
There’s more but let’s “cut to the chase.”
Rex Berry and Employment law in Sacramento
As Rex and I discuss, employment law, especially in California can be very subtle and easy for an employer to make a mistake.
A misunderstanding, a cultural difference, a heated moment that led to an inappropriate outcome or event, failing to take quick action which may have “nipped a problem in the bud” are situations as an employer or employee we can relate.
For the employer, the problem is their responsibility and can lead to much better outcomes if managed carefully and thoroughly.
My conversation with Rex Berry
Employment law in California requires getting it right. My conversation with Rex was intriguing and covered a range of topics.
Here are some of my questions for Rex and part of our conversation.
- What is the biggest mistake employers make when hiring an employee?
- How much information can you really obtain on a prospective applicant?
- What is the biggest mistake employers make when an employee brings up a complaint?
- How much documentation is enough?
- How does an employer decide when to continue working to salvage an employee, and when to “pull the trigger and let them go?”
- What makes a good employment lawyer?
- When should I call an employment lawyer for advice?
Employment law is of critical importance to the success of a business; especially if you are in California. Rex Berry specializes in this area of law in the Sacramento area and is ready and able to help.
Please click this link if you would like to hear my conversation with Rex Berry and employment in the Sacramento area.