Where to Start when Selling your Business
Do you own a business in Sacramento, CA and thinking it is time to sell but not sure where to start?
As the host of my own radio show, there is nothing better than meeting clever and interesting people and being able to spend about half an hour with them to talk about their area of expertise.
Dell Richards who is the owner of Dell Richards Publicity offered to interview me as the first guest on my show and the topic was “Where to start when selling your business.”
Each Tuesday at 10.00am PST on radio station 105.5FM I conduct a radio show called Money 2.0.
The purpose of the show includes interviewing business experts in a range of topics including selling a business, selling a medical practice, valuing a business, buying a business and buying a franchise plus all the responsibilities and challenges that come with owning and operating a business or as I like to say, where Wall Street meets Main Street.
You are welcome to listen to me being interviewed by Dell about the process and where to start if you are trying to sell your business.
Some of the questions from Dell when we talked not only where to start when selling a business but some of the complications includes the following:
- Where is the first place to start if someone is thinking of selling their business?
- What’s the best way to present the business for sale to a buyer?
- How do I know what my business is worth?
- If I sell the business will I get all cash?
- How long does it take to sell a business?
- How much do I have to tell the buyer?
- Do I need an attorney to prepare the legal documents?
- What are some of the mistakes sellers make when selling their business?
- How do I know the tax consequences if I sell my business?
- What’s an important item you would encourage all sellers to do?
- Does this approach just apply to selling a business in Sacramento, CA?
- What’s Andrew’s Golden Rule for selling or buying a business?
Although my location is in Sacramento, CA, to be to provide the business brokerage service I provide, I am required to hold a Real Estate license with the California Bureau of Real Estate.
Holding this license provides the necessary qualification to sell a business anywhere in California. Additionally, because this is my area of expertise I also get inquiries from out of California including inquiries from around the world.
There were other topics covered during my conversation with Dell. If you would like to listen to me being interviewed by Dell, simply click the following link: Selling your business with Andrew Rogerson.