Medical practice valuations with Terry Flanagan
Terry Flanagan, by profession is a business appraiser and therefore prepares business valuations.
What’s one of the many interesting things about Terry, though, is that his original training was as a Chiropractor where he owned and operated his own Chiropractic practice in the Chicago suburb of Palos Heights and so an important focus of the valuations done by Terry include medical practices.
Each Tuesday at 10.00am PST on radio station 105.5FM, I conduct a radio show called Money 2.0.
The purpose of the show includes interviewing business experts in a range of topics including selling a business, selling a medical practice, valuing a business, buying a business and buying a franchise plus all the responsibilities and challenges that come with owning and operating a business or as I like to say, where Wall Street meets Main Street.
You are welcome to listen to my interview with Terry Flanagan when he was a guest on my show on September 03, 2013.
Some of my questions for Terry when we talked about business and medical practice valuations includes the following:
- What are the different reasons for getting a business or medical practice valuation?
- What are some of the medical disciplines you have put together medical practice valuations?
- What is the Stark Law and why is it important when valuing a medical practice?
- What impact do you see with medical practice valuations and Obamacare?
- There are different valuation credentials and accreditations. What are they and why are they different?
- What set of documents do you typically need from the owner of a business or medical practice to prepare a valuation?
- What are the more challenging types of valuation to put together?
There were many more topics covered during my interview with Terry; with the focus on business and medical practice valuations and the logic behind putting a valuation together to meet the necessary appraisal standards including being accepted in a court of law.
If you would like to listen to my conversation with Terry Flanagan on my show, simply click the following link: Business valuations by Circumference Valuations.
On this show there were two guests. If you just want to hear my conversation with Terry it starts about 28 minutes into the show.