For sale: Custom Home Design and Construction business near Sacramento, CA
The owner and founder of this Custom Home Design and Construction business located in the Sacramento, CA area started this business 9 years ago or in 2007.
To date, the business has built over fifteen houses in various communities and locations in the Sierra Foothills.
Custom Home Design and Construction business for sale in Sacramento, CA
The strength and focus of the business is to attract customers that which to buy and build a custom home in the Sierra Foothills, Sacramento, CA area with the average house build contract being approximately $500,000.
This Custom Home Design and Construction business has been servicing the local community in Sacramento with particular focus on the Sierra Foothills cities including Auburn, Grass Valley, Placerville, Roseville and Rocklin.
For Sale: Custom Home Design and Construction business points of interest
There are many ways for the owner of this business to be successful. These include:
- Able to offer over 100 new home designs for custom home buyers that can fit their most demanding needs.
- Custom homes are a unique part of the market as you are dealing with home buyers that are discerning and successful; not the home buyer that is driven by price and meeting minimum standards.
- A buyer, before making any final decision, is able to view a model and get a to understand the look and feel of a custom home and what and how it can be adapted to meet their tastes.
- The typical customer is looking for a 2,500 to 3,000 SF home on ½ acre with an open floor plan. Additionally, they have normally owned several homes previously and are looking to downsize making them an educated financially rewarding customer to successfully work with.
- The customer is able to obtain their own finance on their own but 95% of construction loans are completed with a local regional bank.
- The business does not require any employees but part-time book-keeping or marketing assistance provides additional resources if the buyer so chooses.
In 2014, the gross revenue for the business per the owner’s tax return was $1,867,000 and for 2015 was $1,464,000. The owner net benefit or SDE (Sellers Discretionary Earnings) in 2014 was 1288,000 and for 2015 it is expecting to be $110,000.
Finance to buy this Custom Home and Design business.
If you hold the necessary license with the California Contractors License Board, finance is easily and readily available through a local SBA lender. Additionally, if the circumstances make sense, you may be able to use your 401k retirement plan as a downpayment.
If you have questions about different finance options to buy this Custom Home Design and Construction business, please visit this web page for more information about finance to buy a business.
More information about this Custom Home Design and Construction business for sale in Sacramento, CA
To own and operate this Custom Home Design and Construction business, you will need a valid license with the California State Contractors License Board with a General B Contractors license.
If you have an interest to own and operate this very successful Custom Home Design and Construction business, give Andrew Rogerson a call on 916 570-2674 or please send an email to Andrew Rogerson.
Andrew will then send you a one-page executive summary of the practice and a Non-Disclosure Agreement to sign and return.
Once Andrew receives your signed Non-Disclosure Agreement he will send a link to a secure website where you can download a set of confidential information about this Custom Home Design and Construction business.
Free guide to buy a business
My goal is to be as helpful as possible and so this link connects to a page on my website with a one-page summary of the many steps to buy a business.
If you would prefer information with more details, you are welcome to click the following link to download a free 14 page eBook called Guide to buy a business. and an abbreviated version of one of the four books I’ve written.
Sell your Custom Home Design and Construction business
Perhaps you are reading about this opportunity and already own a business in the Custom Home Design and Construction industry and are thinking about selling it. There are many steps to sell a business.
If you are thinking of selling your Custom Home Design and Construction business and would like some general information, visit the following link on Andrew’s website: Sell a business in California.