The Perfect Business to Sell
If you are looking to sell your business, the perfect business a buyer is trying to find could be yours.
Try to present your business with as many of these options as possible. The more options you can offer, the higher your chances of selling to the right buyer at the right time. .
The perfect business for sale has the following attributes:
- A reasonable price.
- A reasonable down payment (in the neighborhood of 20% of the full price).
- Some seller financing.
- Reasonable sales and growth.
- Discretionary Earnings of at least $60,000 per annum or more.
- A compelling reason for the sale.
- A desirable industry type.
- Clear processes and procedures so the buyer feels they can easily take over the operation of the business.
- Accurate and uncomplicated financial records.
- Attractive location (if important for the business type).
What qualities are you looking for in your business?
Have you found the perfect business?
What are your thoughts? Share your story in our comments section.
Successfully sell your business
Ready to sell your business? There are many complex tasks and decisions you need to make. For example:
You will learn many important lessons on how to:
- Plan ahead for taxes and legal matters
- Hire the right professionals to assist with the process
- Avoid potential roadblocks and pitfalls
- Obtain necessary business valuations
- Conduct research and properly prepare for success
- Determine the value of your assets
- Search for potential buyers
- Qualify a buyer
- Protect your business with confidentiality agreements
- Prepare an executive summary and confidential business review
- Conduct effective negotiations
- Address financing options
- Complete the sale and transfer of ownership
The steps to selling a business are many. Find more information on our blog, and contact us with any questions you may have.