Important Sacramento, California business statistics
“Everyone is moving out of California because … (insert your favorite reason)” but the statistics tell a different story.
Or, as British Prime Minister, Benjamin Disraeli was credited with saying – There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics.”
Business is good in Sacramento, CA
Here’s what the statistics really say about the business climate in the greater Sacramento area and the State of California. These statistics come with the courtesy of the Greater Sacramento Economic Council and an article from Comstock’s Magazine.
- The metro population of Sacramento is 2,445,149
- The median age is 37.1 years
- The median home value is $383,051
- 480,000 plus residents have a bachelor’s degree or higher
- 31.6% of the population have a bachelor’s degree or higher
- 240,000 of those bachelor’s degrees are in STEM
- Sacramento is #4 in Stem-related bachelor’s Degrees in the West and Southwest
- Sacramento is #9 in Stem-related bachelor’s Degrees in the Top 50 U.S Metros
- It has two four-year universities and 8 public community colleges.
- The Greater Sacramento area produces over $2 billion in food production and contains the World Food & Agriculture Innovation Zone which builds tech and bio tech solutions that are used world-wide.
- Over the last 5 years there has been a 15% increase in life/science jobs in the Sacramento area.
Sacramento, CA business statistics
If you like business, you’ll like these numbers.
- California is the most profitable state to do business.
- California is 144% more profitable than Texas.
- California is 157% more profitable than Illinois.
- California is 173% more profitable than Ohio.
- California is 28% more profitable than New York.
- Sacramento is number one in the nation for the most Initial Public Offerings (IPO’s.)
- Sacramento based IPO’s have gains 3 times higher on the first day.
- Sacramento based IPO’s have gains 4 times higher in the first year
As the above statistics show, not everyone is leaving Sacramento, CA. In fact, Sacramento is the heart of the Northern California Megaregion.
- It is 90 minutes from San Francisco
- It is 90 minutes from San Jose and Silicon Valley
- It is the #1 area that Bay area residents are looking to relocate.
However, if you own a business and plan to sell your business so you can retire and move out of state to save on paying some taxes, that makes sense.
If you have a business and want to sell, give me a call on (916) 570-2674 so I can value and sell your business while you focus on owning and operating your business to keep it successful and maintain its value.